Multivan panels

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

T3BUS
80-90 Mem No: 0

Multivan panels

Post by T3BUS »

Anyone ever fitted a multivan interior ( from a lhd vehicle) into a rhd?
Any tips on fitting the panel containing the table to the sliding door much appreciated.
Main issues I can see so far are, where and how to fit the opening handle (maybe slide the panel back to clear it?), how and whereabouts to fit the metal table support inside the door (obviously need to use the cutting wheel on the grinder here as the door has differnet structural panels and will need modifying) but the biggest issue is going to be how to get sufficient clearence to actually open the door.
I`ve done a litle research which suggests it can and has been done.
No, I don`t want to seal up the door!!
Any tips or advice gratefully received. :roll:

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Re: Multivan panels

Post by multisi »

Why is it going to be fixed to the sliding door, do you have a twin sliding door model ? I'm converting a rhd caravelle into a multivan , only one sliding door so the table sits in the non opening side cavity. I made the table support cross member out of a caravelle seat floor fixing , took the measurements from the lhd support and reversed them. I'm not going to butcher the original plastic sides to fit rhd , i will make them myself.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

T3BUS
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Multivan panels

Post by T3BUS »

Hi Multisi,
Yes, it`s a twin slider and that`s the cause of the issues I`m facing. Apologies if my post didn`t make that clear and thanks for taking the time to reply.
The seat brackets you sold me last year work a treat by the way, thanks for that!
As I said, a bit of research and `asking around` suggests that it is possible to fit, though not particularly straight-forward!