Sliding door seal area - pictures, anyone?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

djaychela
80-90 Mem No: 0

Sliding door seal area - pictures, anyone?

Post by djaychela »

I'm currently fixing the LH outer sill area on my '82 RHD Devon, and I foolishly didn't take enough pictures or make enough measurements before getting carried away and removing the entire panel (one of those times when I thought it would be a small repair, and then played 'chase the rust'...eventually removing the entire panel.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if someone could take some pictures of the outer sill area (front corner and rear corner of the door seal) from a number of angles so that I can get a better idea of how the repair panel should line up. I got one from JK, but it appears to be shorter than the original panel at the bottom (i.e. the bottom flange of the outer sill isn't as long as the original was, leaving about 4mm or so of the inner sill flange exposed), and also it doesn't appear to line up nicely vertically (in terms of in/out of the centreline of the van, not front/rear) with the seal channel that comes down the back of the B pillar. I've done a fair bit of searching, but most people's pictures are of rusty horror shows rather than something that I can use as a guide for placement.

Much appreciated!