Seat fabric [emoji31]

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sonnyhowell
80-90 Mem No: 0

Seat fabric [emoji31]

Post by sonnyhowell »

Ok so I have a ‘thing’ about the T25s brown velour seat fabric, so much so that after years of searching for the correct fabric to recover my seats with, and failing. I bought a second van with the full brown interior to use the fabric, long story short I kept the brown van as it turned out to be in great nic and sold the other.....

The seats where a little grimy so I cleaned them a few times and found a thread on how to remove the covers and wash on cool and re apply then. I thought I had a brain wave before falling this and tried a steam cleaner.....

Have I mullered my seats? Anyone have any experience with this? I can’t tell you how gutted I am! They wasn’t even that bad really

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Re: Seat fabric [emoji31]

Post by Ian Hulley »

Hiya, could you point me to the thread where it told you how to strip your seat please ?

Cheers, Ian.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

sonnyhowell

Post by sonnyhowell »

Not sure how to post link, but it’s on the samba, search ‘seat rebuild, cleaning, rebuilding foam, adding seat heaters’

And you should find it...bloody wish I’d done this now and not tried to take a quick fix, looks like amazing results

sonnyhowell

Post by sonnyhowell »

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewt ... p?t=267239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

:ok

Cheers, Ian.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

petethefeet
80-90 Mem No: 12639

Post by petethefeet »

Hi, not quite answering your question.
I had the same issues with recovering dark brown vinyl and cinnamon coloured velour. I searched for for a long time for a suitable velour eventually found a suitable colour fabric used on coach seats with a dark vinyl supplied and fitted by Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers .
Will PM a picture

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
1982 2 litre CU Auto Devon Moonraker called Brian

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Post by multisi »

Don't take the seat covers off if they only need cleaning, its not easy. I have taken a pair apart and put new bluestar covers on, wasn't easy. If you do take the caravelle velour type covers off be carefull how you wash or store them. Permanent creases can be seen if they are stored folded or crushed , there are washing instructions on the cover of the bed mattress for the velour that states DO NOT WRING. New seat foam for the early basic seats and the swivel seats are available from vwbusshop.de. They don't have the larger foam base used on later caravelle or multivans . I have some nos grey velour as shown in the samba link if anyone needs to do repairs.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon