Fresh air flow.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Re: Fresh air flow.

Post by RogerT »

Have you checked what it looks like from the outside at night with the lights on? Despite your tints?
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

Not yet Roger but I will.
Top half will be covered by the curtain and we can keep the door half shut and lights off apart from the glow rope I have strung round the roof. it gives enough light to see by without lighting the bus up like a stage. lol.
We were away on Bute for a music festival last weekend, too wet/not warm enough to need the mesh so it didn't get used.
Campsite was washed out by heavy rain but I had the bus and use of the quad bike cos I was the bin man for the weekend so mud and flood water were not a problem. lots of gin palace campers getting stuck cos they wouldn't take a run at the mud hole and tried to crawl through it. :roll:
lots of tents flooded out too, poor sods.
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Post by RogerT »

:lol:

Camping in Scotland!!
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Fresh air flow.

Post by Mocki »

I made some loovre grills to fit in my sliding windows so I can have them open at night without getting soaked if those sudden night time rain storms came over , I have fine midge proof mesh on these , so with the roof vent open a inch , and three sliding windows half open each I can get airflow at night , and not get wet from rain .

I can take better pictures if anyone is interested, but these just about show the one in the sliding door window a couple of years ago in Polzeath

ImageImage
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

These are pretty good for ventilation.
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-T25-T3-Tran ... noapp=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

luter82

Post by luter82 »

937carrera wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 07:22 Or even one of these..... warm air rises doesn't it

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/venti ... pare-parts

I was thinking about one of these and I bought it, but then I realized it's very big. It's quite light, which is the good of it, but I was thinking would it be better to have a plexiglass removable pane, that you fit in the open sliding window and then you attach a computer fan on the plexiglass?
In theory it could be a nice idea as it's lighter, easier to fit and you don't have to make a hole in the roof, but I don't know if in practice it will be. As you said warm air rises but maybe with a fan placed at the top of the window and just for when you cook, air will be attracted towards the fan. you could even us it to exchange air when you use a portable stove/heater to warm the environment before going to sleep or after waking up.