Welding in Warwick

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sarahandthebear
80-90 Mem No: 15882

Welding in Warwick

Post by sarahandthebear »

Hey guys anybody know of any good welders in the Warwick area or Warwickshire or if you know of an amazing welder who is far away and worth the visit then let us know. We're looking to get our back left side wheel arch done thanks everyone wont tell you why we need it fixed as I was very silly :rofl And you will all just laugh and make jokes hahah
1984 1.9 dg petrol westfalia joker

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Welding in Warwick

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Bend me, shape me, any way you want me could be your theme song?
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

Pray do tell
:ok
mm

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Classic one is pulling out of an entry or gate and not coming out far enough before you turn. If its any consolation - I've done it in a bay :oops: Never repeated though.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

sarahandthebear
80-90 Mem No: 15882

Post by sarahandthebear »

Unfortunately cov kid it's worse then that and to be honest I deserve a good ripping after my embarrassing mistake so here we go. It was late at night and me and Sarah were about to drive home and old numpty here yes me forgot to take the wheel clamp off the back wheel and yes you guessed it was stopped dead as it got caught half way round the wheel arch ripping off a rather worrying amount of filler and denying it inwards. Honestly I have never felt so embarrassed in my life I feel like a complete and utter plonker I never forget to take it off but tonight was the night I did forget. And yes the best day we spent an hour with a hacksaw getting it off to our suprize not one person asked what we were doing. Oh guys I can't believe it luckily it had to be replaced anyway but now it jumps to the top of the panels to be replaced list. The damage is actually not that bad luckily and is only cosmetic but still. Anyway fire away with the laughter and comments I do really deserve this one and think I may win the club 80 90 plonker of the year award :rofl
1984 1.9 dg petrol westfalia joker

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Post by marlinowner »

These things are easily done, years ago I drove my MGB away with the crooklock still on which meant that I couldn't steer or brake...
Also filled the van up with lpg and drove off with the hose still attached which led to a pump out of commission and a bent panel on the van.
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

There was a young welder from Warwick,
who was welding a bus pre-historic,
a lock on the wheel,
cought the panel with zeal.
and The Bear was left swearing in Doric.
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Worst I had was driving with no steering cowling on (DO NOT DO THIS EVER) and rest of keys dangling caused a short with stalk connectors at which point my ignition key glowed cherry red. Only thing could do was switch off ignition and pull key out. Fingers still burning, unfortunately I was still moving and ofcourse steering lock now engaged. Hurtling along at 30 with fixed steering was a brown pants moment :shock:
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

rowlesy
80-90 Mem No: 1289

Post by rowlesy »

im in detroitwich if theres no one round your way.... ive repaired most things now.....
everytime you masterbate god kills a kitten! member 1289 does this still mean owt?

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Might be worth PM'ing Ronsrecord as he lives in Warwick