my restoration and respray (starting soon)

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Domino
80-90 Mem No: 14834

my restoration and respray (starting soon)

Post by Domino »

well its not quite under way just yet but iv been to my bodyshop with my van and had a quote for the work involved

plan is to more or less cut every outer panel off the van and have them replace them with new items , also replace all window rubbers , grills and any other outer parts for new or refurbished items

this is going to be a £5k job including all th new parts involved

not sure if this is a good price or not really as iv never done something like this before but I'm happy with it as I know they will do it the way I want rather than trying to cover stuff up and its defo a lot of work

just need to finish off my rally car build and sell it to release the money for the van but as you can see it nearly there now and then I can spend the profit on my lovely busaru that iv now fallen in love with

anyone want to buy a Subaru rally car lol

crazyhorse
80-90 Mem No: 15202

Re: my restoration and respray (starting soon)

Post by crazyhorse »

Domino wrote:well its not quite under way just yet but iv been to my bodyshop with my van and had a quote for the work involved

plan is to more or less cut every outer panel off the van and have them replace them with new items , also replace all window rubbers , grills and any other outer parts for new or refurbished items

this is going to be a £5k job including all th new parts involved

not sure if this is a good price or not really as iv never done something like this before but I'm happy with it as I know they will do it the way I want rather than trying to cover stuff up and its defo a lot of work

just need to finish off my rally car build and sell it to release the money for the van but as you can see it nearly there now and then I can spend the profit on my lovely busaru that iv now fallen in love with

anyone want to buy a Subaru rally car lol

5k including parts and re-spray... Good price, very good price
87 Transporter 1.9 WBX DG and LPG. In Maroon

http://www.guestwho.biz

Domino

Post by Domino »

I thought it was a good price once I looked up how much all the panels will cost as I want most of them replaced if not all that are available :ok :ok

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Post by 300CE »

Good price that mate - spray job alone for the whole van is about £2.4k :ok

Check all your inner sills as well as will be worth getting these done if your having all the other bits sorted.

Put up some pics of the progress.
'86 DG, Weber Carb

Domino

Post by Domino »

300CE wrote:Good price that mate - spray job alone for the whole van is about £2.4k :ok

Check all your inner sills as well as will be worth getting these done if your having all the other bits sorted.

Put up some pics of the progress.

yeah I will as it will get whatever it needs to stop the rust coming though ,, to be fair its not that bad all round but we all know that soon as you start cutting you find more so they have accounted for that in the budget a bit

one of the issues at the mo is what to do about the Devon side elevating roof ,, id buy a new one for it but none of them seem to cover the current whole up right :roll: ,,, ill just have to look at repairing it when its off in the bodyshop and hope it can be fixed

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Post by 300CE »

What is it you need roof wise mate? Might be worth giving Simon a call at VW Bus Bits to see if he can help:

http://www.vwbusbits.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'86 DG, Weber Carb

Domino

Post by Domino »

300CE wrote:What is it you need roof wise mate? Might be worth giving Simon a call at VW Bus Bits to see if he can help:

http://www.vwbusbits.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its the main part of the roof really , its just tired and starting to sag in the centre , been patched up but is also not sat square on the van ,,, it could prob be fixed by someone who knows what there doing

thanks for the info I will give him shout and see if he can help :ok