Leeking front window

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sarahandthebear
80-90 Mem No: 15882

Leeking front window

Post by sarahandthebear »

Our front window leeks at the two corners and into the foot well. It needs wealding but at the moment we don't have the funds to cover the wealding. To try and prevent it from leeking we have covers the window with a tarp and put patroleam jelly on areound the seal to try and keep the water out. However after last nights downpour we awoke to a big puddle in the drivers footwell. Has anybody got any ideas to keep the water out until we can get it welded or we fear we may need to buy some snoorkle gear thanks guys
1984 1.9 dg petrol westfalia joker

fazzer
80-90 Mem No: 7803

Re: Leeking front window

Post by fazzer »

What I did was remove rubber mat and carpet so it didn't hold the water,and just dried floor out till I had time to repair it.Don't think you'll ever stop it till you fix it.

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

I had the same issue and used JRP welding in Tarporley to fix it. He was extremely reasonable and did a great job. You won't stop it long term and that water is passing through all your electrics, close to the fuse box etc, so its probably ony a matter of time before your electrics and instruments start playing up.

I have no dash instruments, my earth crowns are corroded badly, my dash lights do random stuff and its yet another job for the list.

Give Jim at JRP a call and let him quote you, it might not be as bad as you think.
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Pump some windscreen mastic round the seal edges if it's obvious where the leak is, if it's not obvious try Cptn Trollys Creaping crack .
Short term fix until you can sort it properly
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

kevin930
80-90 Mem No: 15373

Post by kevin930 »

Hi
I had same issue, found a couple of holes in corner under/near rubber seal. Looked on here and a lot of people recommended tiger seal. Got a tube and applied it as required and so far it's cured the leak. Granted it's not perfect, but is buying me time until I can get it done properly. Not bad for about a tenner!
1990 tin top converted panel van/aaz engine

sarahandthebear
80-90 Mem No: 15882

Post by sarahandthebear »

Awesome thanks looks like we will get some tiger seal for now for now she is on the drive and covers in a tarp but next week we are insuring the van and taxing to get her on the road and then she is going to get a new fuel tank then we can get the wealding done on the window
1984 1.9 dg petrol westfalia joker