3/4 rock and roll with integrated belts

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

willpom
80-90 Mem No: 13043

3/4 rock and roll with integrated belts

Post by willpom »

Hi all

Just had the body work done and a respray on my Auto Sleeper. TNT orange and black, looks fab!
orange.jpg
(133.61 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

Ripping out the old carpets at the mo, going to carefully remove the cabinets to refit with a little modification, and put a new marine ply floor in rather than chipboard. Then start to redo the interior.

Current rear seat/bed is a couple of foldable boards with 2 pi$$ poor sliding locks to hold in place with a couple of lap belts. All well and good for adults but we have a little one and child seats all need 3 point belts nowadays. Was thinking of a more robust rock and roll with integrated belts rather than installing a single 3 point in a panel conversion.

Any one have any experience of M1 Camperbeds on eBay? Seems reasonably priced. If you do would love to see some photos installed other than the product ones.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T25-VW-3-4-wi ... 2396799444

Or if you have any other ideals let me know.

Thanks. Will

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

Re: 3/4 rock and roll with integrated belts

Post by 100leelee »

M1 seem like a decent outfit, I will fit one of their units when the time comes. Have seen one fitted into a van, very sturdy...

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Just bear in mind that protection for those seated is always down to the weakest link so make sure seat too is bolted down securely using good quality bolts and spreader plates fitted on the reverse.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

Post by 100leelee »

CovKid wrote:Just bear in mind that protection for those seated is always down to the weakest link so make sure seat too is bolted down securely using good quality bolts and spreader plates fitted on the reverse.

Definitely.. would probably weld in some strengthener plates to make sure...

LostDog
80-90 Mem No: 15548

Post by LostDog »

100leelee wrote:M1 seem like a decent outfit, I will fit one of their units when the time comes. Have seen one fitted into a van, very sturdy...
I got a M1 bed. I've not experienced others but, they are ok. Could be a bit more refined on the welding and construction. Going from bed to seat you have to lean over and lift up from the back rest ( if that makes sense), it's quite heavy and my wife struggles a bit with it. Can't fault them as a company though

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

LostDog
80-90 Mem No: 15548

Post by LostDog »

LostDog wrote:
100leelee wrote:M1 seem like a decent outfit, I will fit one of their units when the time comes. Have seen one fitted into a van, very sturdy...
I got a M1 bed. I've not experienced others but, they are ok. Could be a bit more refined on the welding and construction. Going from bed to seat you have to lean over and lift up from the back rest ( if that makes sense), it's quite heavy and my wife struggles a bit with it. Can't fault them as a company though

Mine is full width.