Male father going insane looking at baby seats

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Slider2
80-90 Mem No: 15069

Re: Male father going insane looking at baby seats

Post by Slider2 »

Florence the Komet wrote:Just to add in my experience. After reading the forum i recently bought the JELLY focus isofix bar for the purpose of fitting a seat for new baby to the rear rock n roll bench seat in an autohomes conversion.........were just way too low for any isofix seats (atleast ones that Mothercare had) to reach down through the gap.
So we had to give up on isofix......

Yup, same here with a different R&R bench. Of course anything can be made to fit but the distance between the slot inbetween seat base/backrest and solid surfaces to bolt to were just too big to be viable. Shame really.

adie89
80-90 Mem No: 11532

Post by adie89 »

The law

https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once a child is big enough for a group 1 seat, 9-18kg as listed above they can go forward facing.

The recent change to law in Feb this year was in regards to booster seats. Manufacturers are no longer permitted to make base only booster seats, in the event of a rollover as the child lifts in the seat the base can come out from under them, subsequently slackening the seat belt and allowing the child to slide out. Old seats can continue to be used, although based on the reasoning for the law change why would you?
A child must use a dedicated seat up to age 12 or 135cm, whichever is sooner. After this they MUST use a normal seatbelt.
In Europe kids are advised to stay in the back in the centre of crumple zones giving them the most protection.
Greta: 85’ LHD 2.5L Subaru 14in Syncro
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=165773

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Post by garyd »

As you have a multivan, do you have the buddy seat behind the front passenger seat?
If so, you could use what's sold as a forward facing child seat in the rear facing position.
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

I should think that it is either sorted or the child is a lot bigger now! :lol:
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Post by hightop ratty »

Would be handy to find out what his solution was in the end - had a similar issue (after the engine fire - the mrs worries about other things now - divert the issue - but less drastic than mine lol :rofl