Sunroofs - Anybody fitted one/recommendations?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

The67rubyredbugdude
80-90 Mem No: 15619

Sunroofs - Anybody fitted one/recommendations?

Post by The67rubyredbugdude »

Hi, I'm new to this forum as well as been new to t25 ownership. I bought my first t25 in June this year as I really wanted a usable classic(ish) van, I'm no stranger to working on old car as I'm currently doing a full restoration on my first car which is a 67' bug. The van when I bought it had a very naff day van setup which I have since completely removed and I'm now starting from scratch to build my own interior. Before I can properly start on my interior though some of the PO handy work need to be addressed on the roof. The PO decided to address need for ventilation in the form of a naff old vent probably from a caravan which has been installed directly between the 2 front seats, not only does it look awful it whistles loudly when above 25mph. When removed it'll leave a 30cm by 30cm hole in the roof, I could get a cut and weld it up but that would be a ball ache as the roof would really need painting after and I'd loose whats left of the headliner. But the option I'm favouring is putting in a proper sunroof in its place but I'm unsure as to whether there's any kits out there or whether there is an ideal sunroof can be salvaged from a particular car at the scrapyard? I know the t4 guys use early 106 and land-rover sunroofs but would they work on a t25? Any suggestions or experience fitting a sunroof into a t25 would really be appreciated :D
Here's some pictures of the offending vent and of how my van looks so far:
Note that the PO has also lined the interior of the roof by bolting it through the roof skin, so I've got 30 8mm holes to weld upo too :roll:
1985 Vw t25 panelvan 1.9 DG :)