Child seats

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Gnrsoul
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Child seats

Post by Gnrsoul »

Gnrsoul
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Gnrsoul »

Just figured out why it so high the guy that done the interior has fitted inch ply to floorpan

Rab1974
80-90 Mem No: 16048

Post by Rab1974 »

Hi,

I know this is an old post but did you manage to sort out isofix for your van?I have just bought my first van and would like to fit isofix for my daughters seat.My base has straight fixings and it looks like the seat belt fixings will be too low for seat. Help much appreciated.

Rab1974
80-90 Mem No: 16048

Post by Rab1974 »

Hi

Fitted the Ford Focus isofix to the van. I had to drill new holes higher up from the lap belt holes but it fits with baby seat and with rock n roll bed. The only problem I had was having to grind out the old seat belt bolts which were solid.

McNab
80-90 Mem No: 12011

Post by McNab »

Hi All

If anyone could share a bit of advice I'd appreciate it.

After reading some of the posts about fitting the ford focus ISOfix bracket, I went and bought and fitted one to my Westfalia poptop.
However, I've found that the bracket sits much lower than the seat base cushion, which is a) a struggle to get the ISOfix base on and b) when it is fitted, causes the base to point sky-wards..
I've used the original lap belt mounting point and made a new hole with the nut plate. I looked at putting the bracket higher but it will interfere with the seat back when in bed mode, (it already interferes and keeps the back 1/4" higher than it should be.
I could move the bracket higher and modify the back of the R&R seat to create clearance. But I'm partly concerned that the nut plate won't fit in the 'corner' of the floor, and I don't particularly want to modify the seat of I can avoid it.

Has anyone fitted the bracket to a 3/4 rock and roll bed on a westy or similar?

Any thoughts, suggestions or pointers welcomed.

Chris ImageImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1986, 2.1 DJ, Westfalia Joker

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

I have the same isofix bracket from the focus, and even had the same seat base, so your photos look very familiar :-) I have a rocknroll bed, but it's not a westy , so it looks like the heights are different. It's very hard to get a photo of my bracket with the bed in place unfortunately.
It must just be higher up the metal bulkhead, to avoid the upward sloping base. I did drill new holes for it. I think I got lucky with our bed setup re mattress thickness and angles. You're on the right track though! And if you can sort it right, it's very worthwhile and feels nice n safe.
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

PS the vertical leg from the seat base never really made full contact with the floor (was a bit of a stretch) so think we put a bit of wood or something to make up the height to brace the leg down onto. The base was a bit nose up ,but was never a problem. Those rear cleats are the important bit. I even remember being in Mothercare and waiting patiently while she searched their database for crash tested iso fittings on 1980s transporters ;-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed