Opinions on this bed please

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

m1camperbeds
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Opinions on this bed please

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Mike
I don't understand what you mean about the pull test as our T25 hasn't been pull tested. We use 25x25x2 & 50x25x2.5 steel as standard for all our beds.
Thanks
M1 Camper Beda

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

Oh beds are made of decent box and plenty of it ,you've not tested a t25 ,fair enough, so what does a "pull test" entail on a t4 or t5, is what I'm enquiring about
mm

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Mike
Ah right. The pull test simulates the forces sustained on a bed during a crash. This tests whether or not the bed can take the forces involved and therefore passes or fails. Don't quote me on this but I've yet to see a pull tested T25 bed. Hope that answers your questions.
Many thanks
M1 Camper Beds

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

ah so this is with the bed/seat fixed to a van say a t4, ,then do you pull from both harnesses at buckle point or elsewhere and what load/pulling force (Kg or lbs) and what potential speed is this emulating also is it a slow pull or a snatch etc, easy questions and at least you only had to do it once for each model/van :ok
mm

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Haha. The pull test purely tests the bed and is not installed in a van when tested. This means that the specific design is now pull tested no matter what van it goes in. Then there is a crash test where a bed is installed in a specific van model for example a T5. The van is systematically wrecked in a traditional crash test as you would associate with the crash test dummies. This option is considerably more expensive than pull testing. I will get back to you on Monday with the forces etc as I don't have the figures on me. Some light bedtime reading for you :D

Thanks
M1 Camper Beds

Mooms

Post by Mooms »

How does the seatbelt work in the event of crash though, surely if it's any lower down than the user, the pulling force will pull the seated person downward crushing their shoulders/car seat? I thought the top part of the belt always had to be at a certain angle above the seated person for that reason?
1982 2l Autohomes Kamper AKA Walter (White)

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

The actual mounting point of the inertia reel is behind the seat where the bed is at it's strongest. There is then another attachment which is bolted above the passengers shoulder like in most vehicles. We only use E9 approved seatbelts. Hope that answers your questions.
Cheers
M1 Camper Beds

keytouch
80-90 Mem No: 4484

Post by keytouch »

Do the seat belts need to be in the middle, or could they be on the edges like in regular vehicles?

m1camperbeds wrote:The actual mounting point of the inertia reel is behind the seat where the bed is at it's strongest. There is then another attachment which is bolted above the passengers shoulder like in most vehicles. We only use E9 approved seatbelts. Hope that answers your questions.
Cheers
M1 Camper Beds
Jonathan

A Camper called Wanda
1983 A reg Bilbo Marlfield conversion, 1900 Diesel 1Y engine

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Jonathan
It's got to be in the middle due to the buckle. It's due to ease of access.
Thanks
M1 Camper Beds

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Hi firstly do you have a name we can use rather than referring to the company :wink:

Yes take what you say ref testing or pull testing the seat, and of course it then depends on how it is subsequently installed after leaving you.

But how do you do the pull test , where do you attach to pull from . a single point or multiple. force used etc. if you have had these done by an outside source perhaps they can enlighten, if by the company then perhaps a person more conversant can assist.

Have any or your seat/beds been crash tested with belts fitted and dummies ?
Have you simulated testing in any other way given that an adult would have their shoulder considerably above the uppermost area of the backrest, and the fixing point angle of the belt would far exceed even the 10% variation from horizontal that is the norm .

Still not seen any brochure picks of a seated adult /child in them belted up (fine to obscure faces )

I ask these questions because folk are looking to buy a seat/bed as a safety item , indeed it can be a matter of life or death at worst case scenario, so the above are really simple but important questions.

mm

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Mike

My name is Danny. We're painting a T25 up today so will have some pics for you by close of business. Sorry in advance for the model in the picture but it's the best we can do (we're an ugly bunch). If you click on the below link, I've uploaded 2 videos of our T5 beds being pull tested. They have to withstand 6 tonnes of pressure. As far as I know there aren't any pull or crash tested T25 beds out there. It is something we are going to look at in the future.

http://www.m1camperbeds.com/pull-tested-beds

Cheers

Danny

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Mike

I'll post the pic tomorrow morning as its been manic this afternoon.

Cheers
Danny
M1 Camper Beds

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Mike

Please see the below images of our bed with seat belt. Sorry about our model, he thinks he's finally made the big time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xW_D ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xW_D ... sp=sharing

Many thanks

Danny
M1 Camper Beds
http://www.m1camperbeds.com
01909 506 651

keytouch
80-90 Mem No: 4484

Post by keytouch »

So that's without foam on seat so person would be 2-3 inches higher?
Jonathan

A Camper called Wanda
1983 A reg Bilbo Marlfield conversion, 1900 Diesel 1Y engine

m1camperbeds
Trader

Post by m1camperbeds »

Hi Jonathan

Thats correct yes.

Many thanks
Danny