T4 multivan backtoback seat in a T3?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mylovlelyhorse
80-90 Mem No: 14196

T4 multivan backtoback seat in a T3?

Post by mylovlelyhorse »

Hi i am sort of a newbie on this site so bare with me regarding site etiquette etc :)

i am the proud owner of a 1984 t3 westy 1.9d. Currently doing a few renovations for an upcoming european tour with family. The good news is we have just had anew baby girl.the bad news is we have ran out of usable seatspace for child seats. I have installed 3 point seat belts in the back for two but theres no way i could safely put three in there. So......i am thinking either of the following options

a)back to back fold up jump seat from an old t3 multivan and get someone to weld in new points in the passenger pillar for a three point seat belt.

b) take out the existing passenger captains seat and put a double seat in there from something else that has three point seat belt built in

c) i have recently noticed some late t4 back to back seats again from a multivan which have the integrated seat belt. These sit on runners which are embedded in the floor and make the seat removable. To be honest i think i like this option best as it gives option of gettingroom back when stationary in an already cramped situation. Does anyone know if the runners can be safely installed in a t3 and is so any pitfalls i need to look out for?

any help much appreciated :ok

1984 t3 westy hightop