Recommendation - Matress for my T25

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stuiesav
80-90 Mem No: 0

Recommendation - Matress for my T25

Post by stuiesav »

Hi all,

Hope you are having a good Saturday...

So - I am after some advice.. After a good few sleeps in my new family addition (T25 autosleeper trident) i have finally recognised i am badly in need of a new matress and the bed re-covered. The seats also need the same treatment.

Does anyone have any recommendations about matresses to purchase and also who is good to a re-cover of both the matress and the front seats.

Thanks in advance - and good to meet you all!

Cheers

Stuart.

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Re: Recommendation - Matress for my T25

Post by Jeff J »

As far as I know the Autosleeper does not have a rock & roll bed so I do not think you will be able to purchase ready made cushions. A google search should find you a vehicle upholsterer that can provide & cover new foams for you. Even with new cushions we did not find it particularly comfortable & now use a double inflatable mattress that we just semi inflate to suit the shape of the rear of our Autosleeper & the level of firmness/softness we require.

boxer
80-90 Mem No: 11154

Post by boxer »

I've just removed the bed all together and bought a 'slight second' memoryfoam matress off ebay. Really comfy and could be cut to fit. Another option, which worked really well on the desperatly uncomfy old bed was a memoryfoam topper.
1.6 Td 1990 van conversion Westfalia pop up roof

vaguelyfamiliar
80-90 Mem No: 10606

Post by vaguelyfamiliar »

boxer wrote:Another option, which worked really well on the desperatly uncomfy old bed was a memoryfoam topper.

This ^

We have an auto sleeper and I found the bed desperately uncomfortable, memory foam topper cut to size makes a world of difference :)

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

IKEA do a foam mattress that can be cut up easily with an electric carving knife. It worked out cheaper than buying the foam from many other places. Might be worth a nose.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

boxer
80-90 Mem No: 11154

Post by boxer »

The point is memory foam is sooooo much better. You get what you pay for.
1.6 Td 1990 van conversion Westfalia pop up roof

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

Our bed was hopelessly uncomfy we just went with a mattress topper. We roll it up into a a old 2 person sleeping bag case!
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

The IKEA one has a bonded memory foam layer.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

ToolkiT73

Post by ToolkiT73 »

Does anybody have the measurements of the autosleeper downstairs mattress?
My wife is away in it so I cant measure it myself.. looked at all the brochures etc I could find with google, but no luck..

Like the topic starter mine can do with a revamp of the mattress. I even trapped a nerve whilst sleeping in it last week so very sore leg at the moment.. think the old mattress could be partly to blame for that..

On https://www.efoam.co.uk/index.php?shape=2chair" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I found what looks lik a potential good sollution for the backseat/ front bit of the mattress...

ToolkiT73

Post by ToolkiT73 »

ToolkiT73 wrote:Does anybody have the measurements of the autosleeper downstairs mattress?
My wife is away in it so I cant measure it myself.. looked at all the brochures etc I could find with google, but no luck..

Like the topic starter mine can do with a revamp of the mattress. I even trapped a nerve whilst sleeping in it last week so very sore leg at the moment.. think the old mattress could be partly to blame for that..

On https://www.efoam.co.uk/index.php?shape=2chair" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I found what looks lik a potential good sollution for the backseat/ front bit of the mattress...
FYI for those with the same issue I have now measured the mattresses:

Backseat bottom: 60x115x10cm
Backseat backrest: 50*115*10CM
back end: this is a 80*135*10CM shape with a cutout in the frontcorner to of 10*20CM (making it like a fat L shape, if that makes sense)

Daisy
80-90 Mem No: 4298

Post by Daisy »

+1 for the memory form topper it i what we have in our Autosleeper :ok
You`re only meant to blow the bloody doors

T25- you were only supposed to weld the bloody sills

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

http://www.efoam.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got the firm foam from these lads, very happy with it. I'm sure there would be something similar for british market.
1986 1.6 D Bundeswehr T3 Kombi

boatbuilder
80-90 Mem No: 8265

Post by boatbuilder »

Don't get the 4 inch firm foam one from Ikea, it's like sleeping on a slab of concrete!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
1984 1.9D (AEF Code) T25 tintop

bonus999

Post by bonus999 »

I used http://www.gbfoamdirect.co.uk for my top bed cushions
They were well priced and good.

But... I thought I would get it slightly thicker for comfort and guess what, I didn't give any consideration for the roof coming down and I could not close it! I only made it an extra inch.

I had to improvise a wood saw on my bench grinder and turn it in to a foam slicer to take that extra inch off :rofl