Porsche seats in a T25

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Cyberdennis
80-90 Mem No: 0

Porsche seats in a T25

Post by Cyberdennis »

I had the seats from my Porsche 911 SC standing in the garage after a change to bucket seats in the Porsche. Now I wanted to know how difficult it would be to put the Porsche seats in the VW.
Not that difficult...
I read the posts in wikipedia about the Saab seats and used that as a start.
First i measured the difference between the VW seats and noticed that the Porsche seats were 20 mm wider than the Transporter runners.
But I also noticed that the Porsche seat sliders were bolted to the chair with two allen bolts which had the possibility for some adjustment...
porschechair1.jpg
porschechair2.jpg
(two different sliders on the two photos, but just to show you how they attach to the chair)

With a Dremel i filed the attachment holes between the chair and slider oval, to find the extra 10 mm per side that i needed...
porschechair3.jpg
And mounted on the chair...
porschechair4.jpg

To mount the chair to the VW-car i did just like in the wikipedia with the Saab Seats: http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/In ... ront_seats

M8 nut inserted in the VW-bus runners.
porschechair5.jpg
I'm not really happy with this solution but it will work for now. The best solution would be a rectangular piece of metal inserted in the runner, longer than two slots in the runner, drilled and threaded, just to have some more area to spread the load.

A new hole made to get the right distance to the hole in the Porsche seat sliders.
porschechair6.jpg

Now, just bolt the chairs in with M8x20 mm allen bolts to the nuts already inserted in the runners.
porschechair7.jpg
porschechair8.jpg

Doing it like this makes it all reversable: The Porsche chairs could go back into the Porsche without more modifications than adjusting the sliders distance to the Porsche runners by adjusting the allen bolt in the oval hole, the VW chairs could go back into the VW without any modifications

Now I just have to find some way to fix the drivers seat...
BILD
Last edited by Cyberdennis on 21 Feb 2014, 13:10, edited 2 times in total.

billybigspud
80-90 Mem No: 9454

Re: Porsche seats in a T25

Post by billybigspud »

Good work buddy. They look really nice. There is a pic of one over on The Brick Yard with brown leather ones in. It is also possibly the nicest T3 I have ever seen.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/the-p ... page6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a scroll down, You can see the side of em.

Cyberdennis
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Porsche seats in a T25

Post by Cyberdennis »

billybigspud wrote:Good work buddy. They look really nice. There is a pic of one over on The Brick Yard with brown leather ones in. It is also possibly the nicest T3 I have ever seen.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/the-p ... page6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a scroll down, You can see the side of em.
"How low can you go?..." :-)

Looks really nice!