Solex carburettor auto choke

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

diesel11
80-90 Mem No: 14725

Solex carburettor auto choke

Post by diesel11 »

Good afternoon all, whilst on "lockdown" I've taken to tinkering on the van, I noticed that my right hand carb choke is sticking closed, so in my infinite wisdom I assumed it'd be something simple, taken the choke "adjuster" off ,the flap seems to be free moving with the adjuster off but if the choke adjuster is refitted to how it was it sticks again, could someone please help me figure out which is the correct position for the spring against the bi metal strip, I've watched sarran's you tube but can't see how the choke part should look, any help gratefully received. I've tried to attach a picture of how it looks, is that correct Image :?
just a second thought I assume you set the choke when the flap is closed, ie cold, which part of the choke spring fits onto the leg on the choke flap?if that makes any sense? :lol:

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
1981, 2.0 cu petrol. some sort of camper mongrel, but it works for me somtimes

sarran1955
80-90 Mem No: 6754
Location: 6, les Hauts de Sarran 19800, Sarran ,Limousin ,FRANCE

Re: Solex carburettor auto choke

Post by sarran1955 »

Hello,

Aaah, the joys of twin Pdsits..... :wink:

If everything is good on the carbs, linkages and pipes etc, then this may be of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dctz_4dKoJo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I deal with the Pict 34/4 here, but all the details on setting the choke are essentially the same, noting that these really are a left and right carb, not an identical pair, so left goes left and right goes right, as you will find when adjusting the chokes'

For a deeper dive into a twin carb rebuild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=najLc9GlLJ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take a look at how the choke and cold running linkages are set

Hope this helps

Air-Cooled Bliss..... 8)

Cordialement,

:ok

diesel11
80-90 Mem No: 14725

Re: Solex carburettor auto choke

Post by diesel11 »

Hi Cordialement, will have another look again at your video, appreciate the response
Dave

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
1981, 2.0 cu petrol. some sort of camper mongrel, but it works for me somtimes