front end rubber bushes

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pkrboo
80-90 Mem No: 17060

front end rubber bushes

Post by pkrboo »

I need to sort out most of my front end bushes. anti roll bar, Tie rods etc.

I'm not a huge fan of poly bushes for a daily so is there anywhere does all bushes in rubber. cant seem to find the ARB D bushes for one. i have a 21mm bar with early 2 bolt clamps
1.6 CS Diesel DOKA

T25Convert
80-90 Mem No: 7819

Re: front end rubber bushes

Post by T25Convert »

https://www.vwheritage.com/type-25-bus/ ... ion-bushes These have a 21mm roll bar bush, and most of the others I think.

I don't think the "performance" upgrade of Powerflex is worthwhile or necessary, however, I have been using their bushes (on caravelle that is my daily) simply because I am concerned that the black rubber ones will be as good as other rubber parts and will simply perish to nothing in a week and I can't be bothered to do it again!
RIP - George - 1.9DG '85 AutoSleeper Trident - rusted away

George Second - 1.9DG '89 Caravelle

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: front end rubber bushes

Post by itchyfeet »

That's what I hear almost all rubber bushes are much shorter life than before often only lasting a year.

There must be some better than others but I'd be inclinded to trust Brickwerks sourcing over others.

I have a part from VWH just last week which was sold as genuine VW but was not, probably just a mistake but you rarely hear of Brickwerks making these mistakes, they seem to value their reputation more.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks