Missing dalek cap outlet and oil breather hose

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Missing dalek cap outlet and oil breather hose

Post by itchyfeet »

Pinkythelabrat wrote:Can I put a picture of my engine on here and have a full team diagnostic as well? This is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of course but start your own thread. You would be surprided what other people see thay you didn't.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

patrickpawsey
80-90 Mem No: 16721

Post by patrickpawsey »

Thanks, that's quite a list!

I'm in the process of sourcing a new distributor, inhibition amp and wiring. The coil has a (very faded) blue bosch label. Is it likely that the coil will work out should a new coil be on the shopping list too?

Tinware is next on the list too source, though maybe someone will be able to make something suitable in Spain.

What does the spigot and pipe from the thermostat housing do? Is it some kind of 'balance' pipe for the cooling system?

Likewise the missing pipe from the inlet manifold - what does it do? I don't have a photo but I suspect it's blanked off with a short section of pipe and a bolt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
1990 Autohomes Komet HiTop Camper
1.9 DG on Pierburg 2e3, 4 speed

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

patrickpawsey wrote:Thanks, that's quite a list!

I'm in the process of sourcing a new distributor, inhibition amp and wiring. The coil has a (very faded) blue bosch label. Is it likely that the coil will work out should a new coil be on the shopping list too?

Tinware is next on the list too source, though maybe someone will be able to make something suitable in Spain.

What does the spigot and pipe from the thermostat housing do? Is it some kind of 'balance' pipe for the cooling system?

Likewise the missing pipe from the inlet manifold - what does it do? I don't have a photo but I suspect it's blanked off with a short section of pipe and a bolt.

if you have no poor ignition symptoms then the coil is probably fine., you can test a coil like this..

Brickwerks blog checking coil
https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/brickwerks ... ion-coils/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spigot from thermostst housing enables you to bleed the system, there is a valve that's closed when you are finished so not normally in use but I'm interested to see what it looks like behind the thermostat housing because a pipe have been rerouted from there.

pipe missing from inlet manifold? do you mean the small vacuum pipes? as seen second pic here... http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 8#p8248297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks