Turbo and oil return orientation. 1.6td jx.

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rob1927
80-90 Mem No: 11027

Turbo and oil return orientation. 1.6td jx.

Post by rob1927 »

Hello all,could any one give advice on this, I've just had my turbo rebuilt its come back in fine fettle and I've bought new oil feed and return pipes.

I spoke to the place that sorted the turbo(turbo dynamics)and asked about the orientation of the oil feed outlet on the actual turbo when fitted and was told that it should point directly to the floor as its only gravity that lets the oil out. They weren't a hundred percent certain about these vans, but does this sound right?

Also, when i fit everything which way does the oil return go on(i think the old one was none t3)? Theres one end of the oil return which is braided metal, and the other end is metal pipe. Which end goes where?

Thanks,

Rob.
Proud owner of my 1.6TD JX '89 Caravelle, other wise known as -'that which is usually broke'.

rob1927
80-90 Mem No: 11027

Re: *SORTED NOW* Turbo and oil return orientation. 1.6td jx.

Post by rob1927 »

Now sorted!

The end of the return pipe with the S bend goes to the sump and the other end goes to the turbo. Had to rotate the turbo housing about 10mm to get a good fit.
Proud owner of my 1.6TD JX '89 Caravelle, other wise known as -'that which is usually broke'.