Dalek cap

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Re: Dalek cap

Post by ricicles »

itchyfeet wrote:When ever you do a load of work on the cooling system it takes a while to get everything sealed it's common.

Don't despair, they don't call them waterleakers for nothing :lol:
Te hee. Woke up tbis morning wonering if tbe pipe going to the resivoir or even the resevoir tank is blocked. After the run yesterday the water in the tank was not hot will check this afternoon.

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

ricicles wrote:
itchyfeet wrote:When ever you do a load of work on the cooling system it takes a while to get everything sealed it's common.

Don't despair, they don't call them waterleakers for nothing :lol:
Te hee. Woke up tbis morning wonering if tbe pipe going to the resivoir or even the resevoir tank is blocked. After the run yesterday the water in the tank was not hot will check this afternoon.

Did you use the Baxter bleeding method?

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/bleed ... 29710.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

handsmann
80-90 Mem No: 13724

Post by handsmann »

Itchyfeet, you got that right! We had a new coolant pump professionally fitted a few months ago. Since then I've tweaked everything apart from the joints of the hard plastic pipes and the hoses to and from the engine.

I now know the bottom of the van better than I know the top - I guess that's a common experience :D

Chris Mann
1985 RHD 1.9 DG, Pierburg 2E carburettor, high-top, no mods, wannabe mechanic

handsmann
80-90 Mem No: 13724

Post by handsmann »

itchyfeet wrote:Should quack when you blow down it but if in doubt buy a quality new one.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/brickwerks ... -reposted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep, I don't trust the Febi one I bought - it doesn't seem to seal on the filler neck properly. So I've ordered a Blau from Brickwerks. Hopefuly, soon my office colleagues won't have to wonder "why's that lunatic looking under his van again??"

Chris Mann
1985 RHD 1.9 DG, Pierburg 2E carburettor, high-top, no mods, wannabe mechanic