Replacing injector fuel pipes

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Troopy
80-90 Mem No: 13711

Replacing injector fuel pipes

Post by Troopy »

I had a pipe go yesterday and have ordered a set of replacements.

However, I noticed on the website that the injectors come with a (looks) small washer that is also sold separately.

Does this fit on top and would I need to replace these as well?

Thanks in advance :D
1987 1.6 TD

Timburrows
80-90 Mem No: 14187

Re: Replacing injector fuel pipes

Post by Timburrows »

The pipe should seal directly onto the injector,the washer could be the heat shield between the injector and head,if it's a turbo diesel,or copper washer for tdi return pipe,unfortunately I don't know what web site your on

Troopy
80-90 Mem No: 13711

Re: Replacing injector fuel pipes

Post by Troopy »

Timburrows wrote:The pipe should seal directly onto the injector,the washer could be the heat shield between the injector and head,if it's a turbo diesel,or copper washer for tdi return pipe,unfortunately I don't know what web site your on

Thanks for the reply.

Its a TD and brought the pipes from Brickwerks but JK showed a washer that is sold with the injectors (and sold separately) called injector seal washers and I wasn't sure whether I needed them to be on top of the injector before fitting the pipe as that is where the picture looked like they fitted.

Panicking a bit as the bus is my only transport at the moment and have already had to cancel a job next Tuesday as the pipes won't be her until then and didn't want to delay any further if I didn't order washers in time if I needed them :ok
1987 1.6 TD