Jx 1.6 TD rebuild

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mick.source
80-90 Mem No: 15219

Jx 1.6 TD rebuild

Post by Mick.source »

Hi i have rebuilt this engine and now trying to start it. i have done the obvious ie fitted a bowl and have cracked all four pipes to the injectors, The problem i have is only 3 out of the four are getting wet, do you think this is a pump problem?

I have also noticed that I have no have no oil pressure whist cranking.

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Re: Jx 1.6 TD rebuild

Post by Titus A Duxass »

Mick.source wrote:Hi i have rebuilt this engine and now trying to start it. i have done the obvious ie fitted a bowl and have cracked all four pipes to the injectors, The problem i have is only 3 out of the four are getting wet, do you think this is a pump problem?

They can be buggers to bleed, normally three wet ones will get the motor running and the air will self bleed out.

Mick.source wrote:I have also noticed that I have no have no oil pressure whist cranking.

Normally I would expect to see oil pressure when cranking.
Is the oil pump being driven okay?
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

Mick.source

Post by Mick.source »

Ok thanks for you reply so you think the pump should be ok as i have three wet pipe connections, i will carry on cranking.

The oil pump is all new so it hasn't been primed, i first fitted an electronic pressure gauge and that showed 60 psi which i thought must be too much so i purchased a pressure gauge kit which isn't reading at all.
What i dont want to do is keep cranking and cause some damage as i have no oil circulation.

Timburrows
80-90 Mem No: 14187

Post by Timburrows »

Take the sensor out of the cylinder head if you want to see if you have any oil circulating,is the stop solinoid working as that may explain why the diesel isn't coming out of the pipes,and did you retighten the injector pipes,just checking

Mick.source

Post by Mick.source »

Yes once i saw fuel coming out of the nut heads i then tightened.
Yes i have thought about the shut off valve there is a click when powered up, i would have taken it out but it is in an awkward position.
I now have a slightly different problem with my wife on the key i saw some smoke come out of the bleed screw in the middle of the outlets from the pump, not sure what that is ??

Yes i will take out the sensor in the cylinder head to see if there is any circulation.
Thanks

Timburrows
80-90 Mem No: 14187

Post by Timburrows »

That screw is for doing the timing and should be tight,if loose may be the problem