Coolant G13 Red or Purple ? for T25 1.9 engine.

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Planetzim
80-90 Mem No: 0

Coolant G13 Red or Purple ? for T25 1.9 engine.

Post by Planetzim »

Hi, my first time on this. I've been told to only put G13 RED in my T25 1.9 engine..(just bought). Went to Just Kampers as recommended and they only sell G13 PURPLE. What's the difference and where is best place to source red? Is it best to get already mixed or a concentrate? Thanks.

937carrera
80-90 Mem No: 16333

Re: Coolant G13 Red or Purple ? for T25 1.9 engine.

Post by 937carrera »

First post, so welcome :)

Not many on here will recommend going to JK. Now that's out of the way.....

Eurorparts sell the correct pink G12 under the brand Triple QX, regular offers for 35-50% off retail too.

G13 I believe is compatible, it's a slightly newer version, still using the OAT base chemical

Get the concentrate, it's cheaper overall, and allows you to adjust the strength of your coolant by dosing pure.
1981 RHD 2.0 Aircooled Leisuredrive project, CU engine
1990 RHD 1.9 Auto Sleeper with DF/DG engine

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Re: Coolant G13 Red or Purple ? for T25 1.9 engine.

Post by ajsimmo »

Planetzim wrote:I've been told to only put G13 RED in my T25...
Went to Just Kampers as recommended

I don't know who you've been talking to, filling your head with such things but thank goodness you found us here at 80-90. You're safe now.

My rule of thumb is, where at all possible, get everything you need from Brickwerks. You know it'll be the right part, and it'll be good quality and reasonably priced whichever day of the week you buy it ;-)

Here's a link to their G13
https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/coolant-5l ... alent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The EuroCarParts Triple QX stuff is ok too, but you often need a code to buy it online (and then often only at the weekend) to get a decent deal.

E D I T: just had a look at ecp, 20 LTRs of G13 concentrate is 70 quid, but not eligible for the silly weekend code discount business.
https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car- ... &0&cc5_866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran