Oil light and buzzer

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Freddievan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Oil light and buzzer

Post by Freddievan »

I didn't even know there was a buzzer so it scared the sh!t out of me.

So... started the engine and left it idling for a while as I hadn't ran it for ages. No problems. As soon as I took it for a drive the light and buzzer came on. Oil level OK and engine sounds usual. Shall I panic?
T25 1991 1915cc petrol

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Oil light and buzzer

Post by itchyfeet »

No don't panic but don't drive it until you have checked it.
Very often the wire or switch which must be closed circuit over 2000 rpm or the buzzer goes off.

Its the switch by the waterpump which is hard to gef at and the brown wire across engine that conne ts to yellow in loom by thermostat housing.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

Freddievan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Freddievan »

itchyfeet wrote:No don't panic but don't drive it until you have checked it.
Very often the wire or switch which must be closed circuit over 2000 rpm or the buzzer goes off.

Its the switch by the waterpump which is hard to gef at and the brown wire across engine that conne ts to yellow in loom by thermostat housing.

OK, thanks. I'll get a mechanic to check it out. Can I drive it to the garage? Only 2 miles up the road.
T25 1991 1915cc petrol

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

Check the 2 brown wires that run across the top of the nearside head ... they meet at a double connector near the thermostat housing (Blue and Yellow wires from memory) ... these often corrode and go high resistance, including in that junction. Otherwise check the terminals are on the pressure switches ... there's a 90 degree female spade down near the water pump and another between the pushrods, if either have come off the B.O.D. will sound above 2,000-odd rpm, the likeliest candidate is (of course) the hardest to get to. :pimp

Ian
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

Freddievan wrote:
itchyfeet wrote:No don't panic but don't drive it until you have checked it.

OK, thanks. I'll get a mechanic to check it out. Can I drive it to the garage? Only 2 miles up the road.

Russian roulette, your choice.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks