Head gasket blown

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Marney
80-90 Mem No: 0

Head gasket blown

Post by Marney »

Hey guys.

So my 1.9 water cooled engine that was running like a dream apparently wasn't so dreamy. There was a burst in the pipe from the water pump the engine over heated and blew the head gasket.

Im thinking it might be new engine time? I'm in South London. Im hoping to get a decent running engine and have a garage fit it as I tinker but I think a full swap is beyond my skills. Any recommendations of garages or where to get an engine would be much appreciated!

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Re: Head gasket blown

Post by maxstu »

Marney wrote:Hey guys.

So my 1.9 water cooled engine that was running like a dream apparently wasn't so dreamy. There was a burst in the pipe from the water pump the engine over heated and blew the head gasket.

Im thinking it might be new engine time? I'm in South London. Im hoping to get a decent running engine and have a garage fit it as I tinker but I think a full swap is beyond my skills. Any recommendations of garages or where to get an engine would be much appreciated!

Perhaps this company can help? Googled just now.

http://www.thevwenginecompany.com/our-prices.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".