smokin 1.9 injection

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jan
80-90 Mem No: 0

smokin 1.9 injection

Post by jan »

Hi all you good folk, I,ve just got my van back from the garage after having a re con gearbox and second hand S/S exhaust fitted. Plus a engine service. They removed the lambda sensor as the new exhaust does not have a conection for it. All seemed ok at the garage untill I went for a long run. I noticed it seemed to idle slighty faster when warm then in traffic it started smoking badly, enough to get menacing looks. Parked it up for a while went for another run and all seemed good. Then again later it started smoking badly. I,ve been back to the garage and the said it might be the lambda or lack of and the will drill the exhaust and re fit the sensor. Question is, is this the likely cause? If so where is the best place to fit it on the new (second hand Just campers) unit. The smoke smells oily. It was running great before work was done. Thanks in anticipation.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: smokin 1.9 injection

Post by Aidan »

check the oil level isn't too high
did it get a new air filter and spark plugs as part of the service ? are the plugs the correct ones ?
Lambda boss in J pipe close to back box towards the top of the pipe at say 30' tipped to front

jan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: smokin 1.9 injection

Post by jan »

Thanks so much Aidan, I will check the oil and get the garage to sort the Lambda.