So talk engines again

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Da dan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: So talk engines again

Post by Da dan »

Quest motorsport, stambridge, Essex. Anyone hear of them? Thinking of my lpg convention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

Da dan wrote:I want to pull out my hair (if I had any left). Going to the garage on Saturday to talk lpg. If I then gti or 2.1 it then I assume the 2.1 lpg system stays the same but gti needs redoing? I do like the 1.9 and though more ooomf would be good but I’m cool with the slow plod. I think I’m talking my self in to a corner here? What mpg do you see on a gti?

right...from my experience

yes - the LPG has a new set of injectors, but I'm told you can have the BLOS system that doesn't require imjectors. I have no clue.
The gti transformed the drive over the 2.1 on carb. I get (when I can be bothered to monitor) 22-25 mpg on the gas....equivint 40-45 price wise.

There is a face book group (isn't there always) for the gti conversion and there are several LPG users on there as well. I'm a moderator...if you are on FB let me know and I'll add you to the group if you are interested....or find us and ask to join - VW T25 GTI conversion club

regards

PS - can give you details of another converter who I have used for comparison
pps - I'm in Kent. Travelling down through Essex on Sunday if that's any help - could meet at Thurrock? You can have a look at the gti conversion?
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

philyoung
80-90 Mem No: 15404

Post by philyoung »

I have one of silverbullets 2.5WBX which now its loosened up a bit does 25mpg driven reasonably. Similar power/torque to Subaru.
1990 LHD 2.5WBX Syncro Krankenwagen

Da dan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Da dan »

ermie571 wrote:
Da dan wrote:I want to pull out my hair (if I had any left). Going to the garage on Saturday to talk lpg. If I then gti or 2.1 it then I assume the 2.1 lpg system stays the same but gti needs redoing? I do like the 1.9 and though more ooomf would be good but I’m cool with the slow plod. I think I’m talking my self in to a corner here? What mpg do you see on a gti?

right...from my experience

yes - the LPG has a new set of injectors, but I'm told you can have the BLOS system that doesn't require imjectors. I have no clue.
The gti transformed the drive over the 2.1 on carb. I get (when I can be bothered to monitor) 22-25 mpg on the gas....equivint 40-45 price wise.

There is a face book group (isn't there always) for the gti conversion and there are several LPG users on there as well. I'm a moderator...if you are on FB let me know and I'll add you to the group if you are interested....or find us and ask to join - VW T25 GTI conversion club

regards

PS - can give you details of another converter who I have used for comparison
pps - I'm in Kent. Travelling down through Essex on Sunday if that's any help - could meet at Thurrock? You can have a look at the gti conversion?

Thanks but the wife has “the list” out. As will be working tomorrow to her disapproval. Interested in the phone number for the garage though. Thanks again