Coolant Pipe Water Pump to Cylinder Head (upper) early DG

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Coolant Pipe Water Pump to Cylinder Head (upper) early DG

Post by nesty »

Has anyone on there bought this pipe from VW Heritage before. The reviewers say some fabrication is require to make it fit. Though surprised, as SSP generally quality and straight fit?

https://www.vwheritage.com/catalog/prod ... gory/4109/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a leak from that area, though it could just be the O ring, which come dislodged over vibration, (Thermostat housing was taken off last month from S/S exhaust fitment), not sure if O ring can be pushed back in without taking the pipe out? Though, if the pipe does has to come out, then S/S pipework seems the logical replacement route.

Though, I gather these pipes are in short supply and VW Heritage only place so far, which does it?

Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

T25Convert
80-90 Mem No: 7819

Re: Coolant Pipe Water Pump to Cylinder Head (upper) early DG

Post by T25Convert »

If the old one doesn't have a hole in, I'd just take it off, give a good clean up and re install with new O ring. Tends to get a bit furry from coolant so a good clean and new seal is normally all this needs.

Looks like the new one has a flange that is slightly too fat, sounds like a right faff!
RIP - George - 1.9DG '85 AutoSleeper Trident - rusted away

George Second - 1.9DG '89 Caravelle