Petrol tank grommets

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

diabolov
80-90 Mem No: 14844

Re: Petrol tank grommets

Post by diabolov »

In that case I think I would want to have a look to be on the safe side too..

Regards

M
Autohomes Kamper 1986 WBX 1.9 DG

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

captain Byrne wrote:Am I right to assume that if I disconnect the filler neck at the top, then the tank can be lowered just enough for me to get to the breather grommets?

as said need to remove the whole filler to lower tank, it;s nothing like as hard as you think and if it's rusty a good opertunity to sort that out before you get more problems.

here is the pics of when I did mine single handed, probably don't need to jack it so high but makes it easier.

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=163356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

Post by captain Byrne »

itchyfeet wrote:
captain Byrne wrote:Am I right to assume that if I disconnect the filler neck at the top, then the tank can be lowered just enough for me to get to the breather grommets?

as said need to remove the whole filler to lower tank, it;s nothing like as hard as you think and if it's rusty a good opertunity to sort that out before you get more problems.

here is the pics of when I did mine single handed, probably don't need to jack it so high but makes it easier.

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=163356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Paul, that's incredibly helpful.
1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.