Lda stripdown

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mrdp
80-90 Mem No: 9366

Lda stripdown

Post by mrdp »

So the van runs fine even 40mph up steep hills and apart from being generally slow ( it is a 1.6td camper !!) it seems fine . But checked the lda and manually moved the rod I can hear the air blowing out the nozzle ( with the tube removed ) but when I blank the tube off with my finger the arm returns to start position which I believe means the lda is knackered . So three things 1. Should I be surprised the van runs ok ? 2. Anyone ever stripped and repaired a unit ( I know they’re sealed but found a thread where someone cut it open and was on about creating a new membrane with an inner tube section ( they didn’t conclude the thread , so don’t know the outcome ) or failing that 3. Anyone know where stock of new ones are,brickworks are out of stock .k

ZsZ
80-90 Mem No: 14899

Re: Lda stripdown

Post by ZsZ »

1. if the hole in the membrane is small or turbo boost is high then it can work even damaged
2. Yes its not a big task to open it. Just grind down the sheet metak thickness from the rolled bead where two halves are held together. After replacing the membrane the two halves can be held together with a few small (M2-M3) bolts and nuts
3. Not sure the UK shops but its available in german webshops like dieselkontor.de
http://www.dieselkontor.de/product_info ... ts_id=3357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zoltan
1986 Multivan ex-Caravelle. Van since 2006, running mTDi 1Z since 2008 with Fiat Croma 1.9 TDid pump 2008-2019, custom pump since 2019
5spd custom box 4.57 diff + 0.74 5th

mrdp

Post by mrdp »

Thanks for the reply . I’ll get and have a look in a bit . :ok

mrdp

Post by mrdp »

So quick update. I ordered a repair kit from German chap that has an eBay shop dieseltechnik.hein . He kindly (and unprovoked) emailed instructions in English along with my receipt.I Followed the instructions but I ended up putting a very small smear of silicon sealer around the sealing face of the diaphragm just to make sure it was air tight . I found it was easier to remove the injector pipes when removing the LDA, but this maybe just because my tooling was a bit chunky!! there was one screw that would have been awkward if not. I'm glad to say it now works and its nice to see the LDA moving when I rev the engine. Please with this cost effective result. :D