Jx oil pressure buzzer

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pierce
80-90 Mem No: 9002

Jx oil pressure buzzer

Post by pierce »

I am stopped on the side of the A55 with because to oil pressure buzzer and light has come on.

I thought I heard a whistle like sound which I guessed could be the turbo starved. After initially stopping I drove another 200 meters and heard it again.

The engine has only done 60k miles from new, so think bearing wear is unlikely and it’s had a new oil pump when I put the engine in about 5k ago.

The other odd thing is that the oil light is not flashing when I turn the ignition on.

I have replaced the connectors to both of the sensors, but still having the issue.

Oil level is fine, the engine doesn’t burn any oil, it sounds good running.

There is a bit of oil under the turbo.

Recovery is going to be about 4 hours so I have a bit of time to tinker.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
88 Westie 1.6TD

Porkscratching
80-90 Mem No: 17422

Re: Jx oil pressure buzzer

Post by Porkscratching »

Hi pierce, did you get to the bottom of the problem?
1990 Westy HiTop 1.6 JX
Time is precious, waste it wisely folks.

pierce
80-90 Mem No: 9002

Re: Jx oil pressure buzzer

Post by pierce »

Yeah, an amazing thing happened.

The breakdown company sent out someone to have a look before they sent a tow truck and the guy they sent out actually knew a thing or to.

He knew that the oil pump was connected to the vacuum pump, then said I wonder if it’s loose, checked it and it was; problem solved.

He also told me that the fuel timing needed turning back a bit and the screw on the fuel pump needs turning to get a bit more power nag gave me a list of a few jobs to do.

It was a welcome change to talk with someone who knew the engine well, most recovery firms just want to tow.

So if you need someone to look at you van, The Tillery Garage in Rhyl is well worth going to.
88 Westie 1.6TD