Throttle body single point injection

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Crewcab21
Trader

Throttle body single point injection

Post by Crewcab21 »

Hello
I developed a throttle body to bolt straight onto a 1.9 carb manifold but not sure there is any demand for this
as it would be quite techy for the average owner/user plus I don't have a vehicle to produce test results.
It is 36mm bore which is about as big as you can go on that manifold between the studs with single injector and a throttle position sensor.
I have done testing on an Aircooled type 1 motor and the throttle will support over 100hp on my dyno which is about what a 2.1 dj produces
and would work great on the WBX manifold with the better manifold heat and runner design.
Could be set up to run with any aftermarket ECU
Any interest let me know
Thanks

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Throttle body single point injection

Post by itchyfeet »

I think you would need to suggest a control system and cost before anybody would think about it, lots of us are on lpg so the carb is then essentially a throttle body anyway.

Somebody has put a standard 2e3 with carb on a 2.1DJ and got very similar results to the DJ injection system with a bigger jet so it looks like the smaller area of the carb throttles compared to the DJ throttle body is not restricting power, other factors such as valves and cam lift are the restriction on extra power.

If you state your location there may be somebody willing to test it perhaps for a free one :D
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 5#p8201924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

Crewcab21
Trader

Post by Crewcab21 »

It's a pretty techy thing to put an aftermarket ECU on an engine so I think the throttle will have limited appeal but I'll put it out there anyway.
I think for cost a Megasquirt ecu would be the most popular way to do it and probably somehow could be run in conjunction with LPG