Aircooled 1.6 CT - Heater fan assembly

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Zcat7
80-90 Mem No: 0

Aircooled 1.6 CT - Heater fan assembly

Post by Zcat7 »

Hi. I was investigating why the heater doesn't work in my sister's camper this weekend only to find that complete basket fan and housing assembly is missing from the front of the alternator. Any idea if these are still available anywhere, or if not can one from a 2.0l CU engine be adapted? Also does it need a special alternator faceplate to mount the assembly to as I'm wondering if this is why it was left off in the first place (looks like it's had a new alternator)?
None of this is particularly clear in the Heynes manual. Plan 'C' is an electric item and mock up an adaptor into the fresh air pipe. If I go down this route do you know if there is a convenient wiring run from the dashboard to the engine bay?

Neil

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Aircooled 1.6 CT - Heater fan assembly

Post by CovKid »

Put this in the wanted section. Someone will have one :)
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Zcat7

Post by Zcat7 »

Done and it looks like I found one! Thanks... :)

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Post by bigherb »

Zcat7 wrote: Any idea if these are still available anywhere, or if not can one from a 2.0l CU engine be adapted? Also does it need a special alternator faceplate to mount the assembly to as I'm wondering if this is why it was left off in the first place (looks like it's had a new alternator)?

Neil
CU alternators are the same and yes it has a special faceplate.

1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow

Zcat7

Post by Zcat7 »

That's a great help, thanks Bigherb. I suspect I'll be needing the whole alternator...