non running t25 2.1i

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jan
80-90 Mem No: 0

non running t25 2.1i

Post by jan »

Hi all,
My t25 2.1 injection started spluttering accasionally on Sunday and to a complete unintended halt on Monday (5am). AA technician fiddled for half an hour, strong spark but came to the conclusion that the fuel pump is playing up as there seems no currant. Also no fuel being pumped to engine. I have booked it into the garage but would like suggestions of possible other faults that might cause such a problem from you guys and girls.Its run perfectly well for the four years I,ve owned it. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: non running t25 2.1i

Post by Aidan »

fuel pump relay in the box above the coil
depending on if it's a DJ or a MV they are wired differently, the DJ manual is on SyncroSport website for download worth having a copy for the garage, the ECU power supply is also relay fed from the other relay in there
I have also come across the disappearing 12V, the live feed from the back of the alternator to the stud in the black distribution box front left of engine bay that supplies the relays so check connections at alternator 12v stud, remove, clean and remake

jan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: non running t25 2.1i

Post by jan »

Hi all and especially Aidan,
You were spot on. I started with your easiest suggestion and the connection on the back of the alternator had been bodged at some point and the thinner wire had come adrift. I re assembled it and bobs ya uncle, fired up and is now running perfectly again. Not only have I had the satisfaction of sorting it myself ( with help ) but its obviously saved me money as I had to cancel my visit to the garage. So thanks again Aidan.
This forum has been of great use in the past and I would like to congratulate all of you that give help and advise. Where would the likes of me, whilst being quite handy but do not have the knowledge you guys and girls have so cheers all. What would we do without forums like this???