Water Pump

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

JonathanR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Water Pump

Post by JonathanR »

Have emailed, but no response but my idea of selfish urgency will be different to a company focused on getting orders out the door.
When I bought I clicked on the link they sent me. I had told them I had a 1.9. It was bought a while ago and put in the expedition box. I had assumed it was the correct one. On looking I have the 'c' for the 2.1 but without the tube in the picture, just a threaded hole. I think at the time mention was made of a blanking plug.
I need the van on the road by tomorrow so will look for a suitable plug. I think the pumps are identical apart from the extra hole.
My own fault and I am paying the price in time wasted chasing round the country.
Another lesson learnt. For my Land Rover rebuild I have a bible of part numbers for every model and can match parts easily. I am being less successful with the van and fast accumulating a collection of "wrong parts" :oops:
Thanks for the help.
1991 Auto Sleeper Trident High Top
Water Cooled 1.9 Petrol

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

This is why I try to avoid mail order, regardless of who. When it works out, all is fine and dandy but when it doesn't you then have the hassle of repackaging, paying extra postage for the return, plus sourcing the right part all over again. This is fine when you have time on your hands and a limitless wallet, but in the real world, its a pain in the proverbial.

I've managed to beat this to a large extent by stockpiling things I know are correct and will use in the future (clutches, brake wheel cylinders, bulbs, hoses etc) but otherwise I check parts carefully before even leaving a parts counter.

People tend to forget VW Commercial too. I'm often astounded to discover that an original part can often work out cheaper than a budget unknown brand from the box-shifters.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

JonathanR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by JonathanR »

Job done. Only hurdles were sourcing the blanking bolt which was M10 but finer thread. Came too long so had to shorten. Bottom bolt closest to oil filter was a tighter fit than on the old pump so could not get a socket in to torque it up. All now working. Still not sure whether I bled properly apart from my knuckles. But water came out of all the bleed points, although only found one on my radiator.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
1991 Auto Sleeper Trident High Top
Water Cooled 1.9 Petrol

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

JonathanR wrote: Still not sure whether I bled properly apart from my knuckles. But water came out of all the bleed points, although only found one on my radiator.

Read the wiki and bleed it properly before you cost yourself a LOT of money.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure