petrol pipe

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

petrol pipe

Post by scottbott »

I know this is repeated and repeated but I had a close call this morning, twice a year I tend to get my sense of smell and taste 'vanish' for a couple of months and this week I though I could maybe smell petrol sort of but looked under the van and in the engine compartment but could not see anything, this morning I started the van as usual on LPG but it is slow to start ever since I ran out of LPG a couple of weeks ago so I thought swop over to petrol and I had a look under the van and petrol was pissing out from the engine!, the pipe from the pump to the engine had cracked out the outside of the bend and the R/H cylinder head was soaking luckily I had replacement pipe supplied from Brickwerks so changed it, all ok now, will change all the rest now, the moral is CHECK YOUR PIPES.
Nil carborundum illegitimi

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: petrol pipe

Post by itchyfeet »

scottbott wrote: the moral is don't buy pipe from Brickwerks and forget to fit it.

fixed that for you :D

The big problem with the regular advice to check pipes is people think they are a bit tired so replace with pipe that is far inferior to the original, it then does not last.

I Changed all my pipes recently I'm sure it was original and in great condition but I changed it for quality pipe for peace of mind.
If it had been changed a few years ago with ebay crap it would likely be dangerous by now.

If you are going to change any pipe get quality 100% ethanol pipe from a trusted supplier like Brickwerks. It's not cheap but you would buy cheap condoms would you?
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

Wait, what are you using your pipe for??? ;-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Post by scottbott »

long and thin goes right in !!!
Nil carborundum illegitimi

T3luestar
80-90 Mem No: 13845

Post by T3luestar »