Carb vacuum diaphragm

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

matthew13
80-90 Mem No: 15810

Carb vacuum diaphragm

Post by matthew13 »

Have just cleaned and rebuilt my carbs and found a small hole in one of the membranes of the vacuum diaphragm. Unfortunately the rebuild kit i bought from just kampers has a different vacuum diaphragm than fits my carbs..........so does anyone know where i can buy one for my pierburg solex 32-34 PDSIT-3?

cheers

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Re: Carb vacuum diaphragm

Post by paperhouselad »

I got a kit for mine from brickwerks but one came with the diapragm the wrong way round but dont know if it will come off or go on the right way round they are rivetted on, will look in the morning to see what the old ones are like, will send on if they are, be in touch, cheers.

diabolov
80-90 Mem No: 14844

Post by diabolov »

try a puncture repair kit. The very thin feather edge to the patch and the rubber glue or a bit of latex surgical glove, that sort of thing. Used to use bits of condom on the bike carbs back when I had one (a bike I mean)....and hair......and a life. Lol
Autohomes Kamper 1986 WBX 1.9 DG

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Post by ajsimmo »

matthew13 wrote: ...carbs
...one of the membranes of the vacuum diaphragm.
...just kampers has a different vacuum diaphragm than fits my carbs......
....pierburg solex 32-34 PDSIT-3?

This is a bit confusing to me.
So it's 2.0 CU air-cooled - hence "carbs", it has a vacuum diaphragm somewhere on the carbs that has more than one membrane, JK sell something else that's not this, and it's the left hand carb that's playing up? (-3).
The only diaphragms I can think of are the accelerator pump ones, but they're not really vacuum related, more a pressure pump. The dizzy has two vacuum diaphragms in it, but you can't see them, so not that. And the carbs aren't Pierburg.
Gonna need a picture on this one...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Post by Mr Bean »

diabolov wrote:try a puncture repair kit. The very thin feather edge to the patch and the rubber glue or a bit of latex surgical glove, that sort of thing. Used to use bits of condom on the bike carbs back when I had one (a bike I mean)....and hair......and a life. Lol

Reference the bike carburetor diaphragm bodge:
As a naive young production engineer I was involved in sourcing a waterproof sock type primary environmental protection envelope for an 80mm X 600mm product.
As you can imagine I was met with disbelief and howls of raucous laughter when I telephoned the technical advice department of the London Rubber Company asking if by any chance they produced anything with those dimensions :oops:
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX