Windscreen wipers

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Scrim
80-90 Mem No: 0

Windscreen wipers

Post by Scrim »

Hi, has any one replaced or repaired the windscreen wiper motor/ arms, I can't seem to find any videos or explanation on how to refurb it, do you have to take the dash board out to get to it or can it be done through the headlight grill? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as my wiper blade speed is in slow motion at the moment.
Thanks Jase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Re: Windscreen wipers

Post by bigherb »

Not that hard. It is removed from under the dash. Drop down the fuse box and glove box. Disconnect the wiring and screws holding the wiper motor and any air trunking in the way. Remove the wiper arms unscrew the nuts holding the wiper spindles then push spindles into the van then the motor and spindle can be removed from under the left side of the dash (RHD vans)

Some idea how it fits under the dash.
1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow

Scrim
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Windscreen wipers

Post by Scrim »

bigherb wrote:Not that hard. It is removed from under the dash. Drop down the fuse box and glove box. Disconnect the wiring and screws holding the wiper motor and any air trunking in the way. Remove the wiper arms unscrew the nuts holding the wiper spindles then push spindles into the van then the motor and spindle can be removed from under the left side of the dash (RHD vans)

Some idea how it fits under the dash.

Great, thanks for the info, I'll have a go tomorrow if it doesn't rain!
Cheers Jase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk