ARB bushes.

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Re: ARB bushes.

Post by bigbadbob76 »

Hi Ian, sorry I missed your posts about the nut.
I drilled the hole in the bottom of the arm out so I could get a 1/2" socket extension through it, I put the nut in the socket then reached in through the arm and put the socket on the extension.
then worked the socket set ratchet from below. I skinned my knuckles a bit but got there in the end.
How are you finding it now you've got the rear bar on?
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

carthago ian
80-90 Mem No: 4852

Post by carthago ian »

Hi.. I couldn't bring my self to drill a hole through my new trailing arms, it was a struggle with my big fat sausage fingers but managed to
get the nut on a tighten up .. As I have a JX ,the metal box thingy that forces cool air onto the turbo had to go, then simply repeat with
nut & stuff..

To be honest I haven't driven the camper much, I'd booked the camper in for it's DOE test then found a leak on a brake pipe the day before the
test... cancelled DOE sorted out the brakes , then the reversing lights decided not to work, not sure if its a fail for the DOE so I'm working on them
as I type :) ... Well in for some soup & a cuppa. once again thanks for posting

Cheers Ian

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

Good luck with it Ian.
My reverse lights switch is prone to failing too, I have a reversing camera powered from them so when it stops working I know
it's time to get underneath and clean the spade terminals. That sorts it every time for me.
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.