Injection tank removal

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Injection tank removal

Post by itchyfeet »

Oldiebut goodie wrote:I have never dropped my tank but there must be an alternative way of getting of getting that 2nd breather pipe connection other than finding a dexterous midget. Is there any reason why that cross tank pipe has to be so taut that you can see? If an upward loop is necessary above the pipework it could be schemed with a greater length.
There may well be a reason that I am missing. Just musing as I see your hand disappearing into the bowels there. :D

the cross pipe is solid plastic I guess you could change it for flexible pipe, might make it easier to reconnect.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

300CE wrote:I’d put money on it being down to those holes. Do you usually fill the tank right up or to 3/4’s.

Full mark on gauge, I don't brim it
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
itchylinks

937carrera
80-90 Mem No: 16333

Post by 937carrera »

itchyfeet wrote: yes there was a clip, dunno if it was in the clip before but I didn't bother putting it back, just see in in this pic

Hmm, I can see two plastic clips on yours, whereas there was only one P clip and a screw on mine. It made it a right pain to line up left/right AND I could only put the crosspipe in after fully raising the tank (my preference would have been to insert the crosspipe when the tank was out). I didn't know what was original so preserved the modification :roll:
1981 RHD 2.0 Aircooled Leisuredrive project, CU engine
1990 RHD 1.9 Auto Sleeper with DF/DG engine

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

This is good stuff. A new tank is top of my list soon as things dry up a bit and I get some spare minutes of tinkering time :-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

petethefeet
80-90 Mem No: 12639

Post by petethefeet »

Not dropped the tank on ours but I did change the breather hoses to the side tanks and found similar drilled screw holes causing a smell, Devon not Holdworth. I dropped the breather tanks to clear all the mud from around them and give it a coat of Dinitrol.

Good pictures, thanks for that :ok
1982 2 litre CU Auto Devon Moonraker called Brian

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Post by ajsimmo »

The metal clip is there to hold the balance pipe on the van while you fit the tank. Once the tank is in I find the ends just sit perfectly aligned above the grommets, and it's merely a matter of reaching in and popping the ends in. The clip is your friend, and makes the job lemon squeezy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran

itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

ajsimmo wrote:The metal clip is there to hold the balance pipe on the van while you fit the tank. Once the tank is in I find the ends just sit perfectly aligned above the grommets, and it's merely a matter of reaching in and popping the ends in. The clip is your friend, and makes the job lemon squeezy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Andrew,

I had the expansion tank hoses/pipes hanging over the chassis rail and that with it sitting on the main coolant pipes held it in place, you are right it's quite easy to reach in and fit the pipes to grommets but you have to be good at working by feel and your arm needs to be in the right position.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
itchylinks

itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

I think I had about 15l+ I put back in yesterday, I added 40l today so just over 55l, spec says about 60l so it's pretty much full, it's over the top line anyway.

No leaks which is a relief :ok
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
itchylinks