Twin Kadron Throttle Cable Routing

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dan_starstream
80-90 Mem No: 0

Twin Kadron Throttle Cable Routing

Post by dan_starstream »

Hi all,
I have fitted a pair of Kadrons (or similar) to my air cooled 2 litre to replace the standard carbs.
Although on JK's site it states these are for T25 vans as well as earlier type 4 engines I will need to modify the throttle cable position; the cable enters from the front right hand (driver's side) of the bay but the cable needs to reach the centre of the block. I have asked JK for advise but they have been unable to offer guidance.

I am going to attempt to tackle this at the weekend, so if anyone has some advise aside from source another carb kit it would be gladly received.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Twin Kadron Throttle Cable Routing

Post by CovKid »

A couple of options. Locate the longest one available for a T25 and try that. Trim as appropriate. Otherwise you can buy bowden cable (bike brakes) in long lengths that you cut to suit. Personally I'd go that route.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... e&_sacat=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go fancy - have a red one :D

And welcome.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

dan_starstream

Post by dan_starstream »

Hi CovKid,
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you may be up my neck of the woods. I'm in tile hill.
Plan to get on to this and put preliminary fix in this weekend. My main concern at the moment is trying to change where the cable enters the engine bay as it needs to come in near the center. Any thoughts?

dan_starstream

Post by dan_starstream »

Well managed to connect the original cable up to the carbs and reduce the sharp angle that the cable exits the ferule. I must say that the ferule does not look anything like it does in the manual so it may have already been modified in a previous life. I will have to it all replaced at some point because it will fail at some point.
Either way got the carbs up and running and the co down at idle. But will go for a smaller pilot as the co rockets on fast idle.