Another Warm Air Pickup Question

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ant-t
80-90 Mem No: 14390

Another Warm Air Pickup Question

Post by Ant-t »

Following on from the recent thread on whether or not to replace the warm air pickup on an early exhaust setup. Mine doesn't have a warm air pickup and I'm not going to fit one with my new system. So my question is does anyone have a part number for the exhaust part that is just a pipe coming from cylinder 1 to the union which goes the silencer?
1983 DG Kamper 2

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Re: Another Warm Air Pickup Question

Post by bigherb »

If you have an early system they all have the warm air pickup.
1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow

jswagger
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by jswagger »

Ant-t wrote:Following on from the recent thread on whether or not to replace the warm air pickup on an early exhaust setup. Mine doesn't have a warm air pickup and I'm not going to fit one with my new system. So my question is does anyone have a part number for the exhaust part that is just a pipe coming from cylinder 1 to the union which goes the silencer?

I 'm not sure whether you have an early or late exhaust system, but this is the pipe I'll be fitting to remove the warm air pick up.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/exhaust-ma ... d-2-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's listed as for a 2.1 but apparently will fit my 1988, 1.9 DG
1988 Caravelle 1.9 DG Auto

Ant-t
80-90 Mem No: 14390

Post by Ant-t »

I've got an early system, the current off side pipe has no warm air pickup so I'd really like to replace what I currently have, minus the rust of course. A mechanic friend said that it might have been a beetle pipe, or it could be custom as there is some welding but not repairs. Still I'm none the wiser how to replace the pipe minus the air pickup.
1983 DG Kamper 2