So far so good

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sarahandthebear
80-90 Mem No: 15882

So far so good

Post by sarahandthebear »

Thanks for all your help guys it gives us a good idea of where to start he had £500 of work done this year to pass the mot we're keeping her on the drive until we change the oil and filter the filter looks very old so needs doing and the coolent. He has had a new fule pump fitted and fule filter but it looks like the file lines under the van from the file tank to the engine are the old ones they look ok but still better get them changed to be safe the new fule pump in the engine has all new blue houses coming from it so there all new. She has not really an oil leek but a drip of oil that sticks to the bottom of the engine I'll take a picture when I can and see if anybody knows what that could be but she dose not leek any on the drive it just a droplet. The body work needs to have a few places sanded back and treated but that will be a fun job we cheacked everywhere most of the van looks solid from what we can tell if anybody is in the Warwick area and would like to come and have a look maybe see if there are any things we need to do I can send you our address thanks for all the help we will keep you updated
1984 1.9 dg petrol westfalia joker

sarahandthebear
80-90 Mem No: 15882

Re: So far so good

Post by sarahandthebear »

The engine is a petrol 1.9 DG 150.000 miles on the clock
1984 1.9 dg petrol westfalia joker

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: So far so good

Post by Mocki »

Not sure I should reply here, seeing as it appears to be in Bodyworks section ????

Petrol pipes ..... if you have the black plastic pipes from the fuel filter to the engine bay you don't want to change them unless they have any visual signs of damage , they are far better than any rubber replacement

All the rubber pipes you have ( tank to filter, plastic to pump , pump to carb ) need replacing no matter what you think they look like , replace with the proper stuff from brickwerks , not eBay shite!
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper