Carb info please

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wedgiebaby
80-90 Mem No: 13921

Carb info please

Post by Wedgiebaby »

Hi,
I havn't been here for a while, so apologies for making my first post for ages, a plea for help!
Had to have the RAC man out yesterday as Wedgie (my van) was playing up and refusing to tick over. She needs a new carb, or the current one refurbished. Shes still got the original one in there. Im thinking of getting a new/recon weber one and wondered if anyone might know A.what model/type I need to look for and where might be the best place to go? I now live near Ashford in Kent. Shes a 1900, 1986 water cooled caravelle. The RAC guy was a VW camper van fan and said she was a super rare 4x4 model??? I thought 4x4's were the synchro's?? Any idea what he meant?
Thanks guys.
Be kind to yourself ..... Adopt a Greyhound! :D

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Carb info please

Post by itchyfeet »

4x4 is syncro yes

Is it a DG with pierburg carb?
if so best to stick with the Pierburg2e3 Bromyard VW can refurb it or you can buy new from VW Heratige
Assuming the RAC man was right of course if it's not a syncro then maybe get a second opinion
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

Wedgiebaby
80-90 Mem No: 13921

Re: Carb info please

Post by Wedgiebaby »

Yes, I believe it is a DG and it is def. a pierburg carb. My Hubby says he's sure shes not a 4x4 as he's looked underneath and there is no front wheel drive system. The RAC guy was quite sure so I dont know what to think.
Thanks for the info. Will check out the VW heritage website if they have one.
Be kind to yourself ..... Adopt a Greyhound! :D