Question number two.....AAZ Road test fail.....Arggh!

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mrnickmuss
80-90 Mem No: 0

Question number two.....AAZ Road test fail.....Arggh!

Post by mrnickmuss »

I am living AAZ engine change at the moment....
So after replacing my AAZ myself (with more than a little help from a proper mechanic,) I plucked up the courage to take my Doka for a proper run this afternoon (its had a couple of runs up the road and back.) So I ran it up to temp on the drive just to make sure. I then drive it up the road and get about two miles on the flat, I am taking it easy then all of a sudden, I hear what can only be descibed as a the engine sneezing once really loudly...then a change in tone. I shut the engine off and cruise into a very handy layby. I check the engine can't see any fluids in the wrong place or hoses off so I get underneath......nothing.
So I tentatively start the engine, starts fine but sounds like somethings blowing. I track it down to the exhaust manifold.... its chucked a stud out of the top!!!

I tried to fit a temporary bolt but the thread was damaged so I had to limp home with it blowing....
I am wondering if its to do with the turbo waste gate sticking??? The engine and turbo looks and sounds good but had been in dry storage for sometime before I bought it.

I must have been some pressure!

Any ideas why it would do this?