Clutch woes

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mines a money pit
80-90 Mem No: 14153

Clutch woes

Post by mines a money pit »

My bus is in storage at the moment while I try and (slowly) sort all the issues out. It hadn't moved for a few months then needed to get it out to move other cars around. Found I had no clutch. Sought advice and all pointed to slave cylinder which I checked and had definitely had it, as the rubber boot was bulging with hydraulic fluid. After much fighting with inaccessible rusted bolts a new one was fitted, along with new metal and flexi pipes.

So went to try to bleed the system yesterday and no matter how much I bleed cant get a pedal. No resistance at all, exactly the same as it was before replacing the slave cylinder.

So I take it theres something else failed too. I know all the brake and clutch system is connected so could brake components be causing an issue or could the clutch master be at fault too, despite it having a fully working clutch before being parked? Damn I hate hydraulic clutches. Give me a cable any day!

Brakes aren't much good either to be honest. Pedal seems hard and travel limited.