HELP please

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Smudge66blade
80-90 Mem No: 0

HELP please

Post by Smudge66blade »

Hi All

Major frustration: We were meant to be going away this weekend DOH! but alas the van has let me down.

I have a 1986 T25 with the 2.1 112 horse DJ engine. 70k on the clock

Last week we went away 150 mile round trip no issues , got home parked it up and left it for 4 days

Came out to fire her up and it starts for 20 seconds and dies , this was the symptom for the time I was out there trying, starts but will not continue to run .

so.... I changed the dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs, air filter, fuel filter , checked the fuel pump is doing what it should do and it is, checked the temp2 sensor.
Checked all the earths, made sure all the wires were ok .

And low and behold she fired up and ran.... went out for a short test drive all ok ...YAY

Today of course all loaded and ready to go. Same symptoms ....Starts but will not run (if throttle is depressed it might run for a bit longer but lumpy and still dies out ) an inconsistent fault I think

It has had a new Mass airflow meter and I even have a spare one so I have double checked this.

Has anyone got and thoughts or would like to come and help me out to sort the problem . I'll buy breakfast !!!

Many thanks in advance

Smudge