Turbo burning oil?

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

AlexMai1
80-90 Mem No: 14285

Turbo burning oil?

Post by AlexMai1 »

probably my billionth post today, but oh well. found another syncro, decent caravelle no rust, but its got a turbo return line issue? and that the turbo sends power but burn oil? where can i get this sorted and for how much? As the vans 4000 euros, is it worth getting to stay in a £6000 budget?
any help would be appreciated
Alex

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Turbo burning oil?

Post by Aidan »

Alex
tell us where you are and what you are after difficult to second guess your wants and desires

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

Your questions indicate that you should do a lot more research into the T3 Syncro before you buy anything. Pretty well everything you need to know is on this forum so I would suggest some careful reading. Also be very careful of the advice offered here, whilst it is offered in good faith, it is not always correct.

As for selecting the right Syncro, you should buy the best you can afford. You have £6000 to spend so why are you looking at €4000 Syncros? A good, tidy, safe and reliable Syncro will cost a LOT more than that. Aim higher as there are some lovely Syncros on http://www.mobile.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Further to that, buy good metal. Engines can be fixed relatively easily but metal gets expensive. Also certain items like VC are expensive so make sure it works, or factor the replacment into the purchase price.
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

AlexMai1
80-90 Mem No: 14285

Post by AlexMai1 »

Aidan wrote:Alex
tell us where you are and what you are after difficult to second guess your wants and desires
Ideally, I want a something that's reliable, looks good and that I can take almost anywhere, like a Syncro.

syncropaddy wrote:Your questions indicate that you should do a lot more research into the T3 Syncro before you buy anything. Pretty well everything you need to know is on this forum so I would suggest some careful reading. Also be very careful of the advice offered here, whilst it is offered in good faith, it is not always correct.

As for selecting the right Syncro, you should buy the best you can afford. You have £6000 to spend so why are you looking at €4000 Syncros? A good, tidy, safe and reliable Syncro will cost a LOT more than that. Aim higher as there are some lovely Syncros on http://www.mobile.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your right, should've checked before I posted it. The €4000 Syncro was just something I found, not me constraining myself to an unrealistic budget, it's not a camper, just a caravelle with a turbo issue and a seized diff, which I thought could be fixed and converted to a camper whilst still being within budget.

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Its gonna be difficult to buy mod and run a Syncro on a shoestring.. many have tried, few have succeeded.. Luck and being very mechanical (can do a lot of things yourself) goes a long way.....
In that price range you will be buying something that WILL need a good bit spending on it...