JX injector pipes leaking.. again

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfbus.uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

JX injector pipes leaking.. again

Post by wolfbus.uk »

changed the injector pipes about 4 months and 1000 miles driving ago with this Brickwerks set albeit fitted without the rubber clamp.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/injector-p ... t3-jx.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now two of the injectors appear to be leaking, the diesel is slowly seeping out of the top of the large nuts. Supposed to be taking the bus to London tomorrow afternoon, has anyone had this problem before and do you know how best remedied. Is not having the rubber clamp causing it?

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Re: JX injector pipes leaking.. again

Post by R0B »

I am certain its because the rubber clamp is missing.Had the same problem with the oil burner i once owned,mine had the clamp missing when i bought it.Got to ask,why did you not fit the clamp?
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

wolfbus.uk

Post by wolfbus.uk »

R0B wrote: why did you not fit the clamp?

great news, well the mechanic at the time said it was ill fitting iirc so said to me do you mind if I leave it off & see how it goes.

I guess we just forgot to get around to making it fit. Funny though because about a month ago we were servicing it and he said ooo there is a horrible noise coming from the engine .. could be bearings.

I grabbed hold of the injectors and the noise went away, they make a right racket without that clamp!

The original clamp was definitely bigger with more rubber than this one i got from Brikkies but I think the missus accidentally binned the original one.

Anyway thanks Rob do you think just taking the whole set off and fitting it again with a new clamp will cure it?

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

wolfbus.uk wrote: ....do you think just taking the whole set off and fitting it again with a new clamp will cure it?

Yes, those injector pipes fail quite quickly without the damping effect of the clamp.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

wolfbus.uk

Post by wolfbus.uk »

ok I fixed it, that was the problem also mechanic had put some cable ties on instead of clamp and these were too tight and thus pulling injector out of position and nut had slacked right off. Happy it's okay now, cheers! :ok

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

Change your mechanic.
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

R0B wrote:Change your mechanic.