SA starburst rim centre caps

Wanted ads only - you can reply in this forum - ads deleted after 28 days.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

SA starburst rim centre caps

Postby Jamesh » 15 Jan 2018, 18:51

Been on this hunt for while, but as a newcomer thought I'd enquire about any possible leads.
My syncro has been rolling on a set of these SA starburst rims, unfortunately l'm missing a centre cap.
Does anyone have any ideas in finding one? Any SA based VW parts contacts? etc

At present my best lead was a South African Syncro dealer who is currently developing the mould to reproduce these. Potentially if that was the only way may look to do similar in this country.
Many thanks for any ideas, I appreciate the needle in haystack style nature of this!
Jamesh

80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: SA starburst rim centre caps

Postby silverbullet » 22 Jan 2018, 08:14

Starburst centres...find yourself a local foundry and get them to use another as a pattern, they should be able to cast off it.

Then its a simple machine shop job to turn the o/d and put the countersunk hole in.

Make sure its heat treated by the foundry too or it will be nasty to machine (soft)

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
'85 syncro 'velle resto, '90 SA Microbus project, '95 SA Microbus 2.6i

http://www.025motorsport.com
silverbullet
Trader

80-90 Mem No: 6908

Postby 4x4 Bus » 22 Jan 2018, 12:56

Have you been asking on some of the face book pages. If so the photo of the rim you posted is not a SA starburst rim. Post a photo here and I can tell you for definite
4x4 Bus

Postby Jamesh » 28 Jan 2018, 19:10

Thanks for the replies.
If I can't track one down over a period of time will go down the casting/machining route.
Haven't posted anyone photos online. Rest assured they are Starbursts, as they came off a SA microbus and ended up on my doka.

As a side note, given their 'rarity' do you think it would be prudent to swap to 15" mefro type rims as do use the truck as a work wagon/off road
Jamesh

Return to Wanted